Tuesday, December 17, 2013

272 Essay

Music, musica, Muziek, however you may say it, music is a vital bond that connects people from every culture together. Whether it is country, gospel, or metal, the rhythms remains the same in every language, the notes resonating in the same tone in every country. The only difference that lies in music is perception. Lyrics to one may be a theme song to another. A chorus may simply fill an empty space or complete an empty void. Being a musician, it is a habit, a ritual to feel the beat around me, to immerse myself in the passion of myself and others. Never have i felt a grander connection with others, some of those I haven't yet met, than when the harmony and melody of our parts come together with a perfect chord. Never have I felt more elated than after a performance when I have given my self, my soul, to every being in the audience. Like Maya Angelou, "Music is my refuge", I find solace in the feeling of the sanctity it provides. Although I had never met Angelou or had experienced the culture she had lived in, we share a universal feeling of gratitude towards the subject. Although blizzard to find in everyday interaction, human empathy is fluent in music. With every stroke of a pen, the composer concedes in the musician to feel as he has felt, to breathe life into the piece his conscious and subconscious morphed together for. These symphonies, these musical pieces are intended to make the audience emerge from themselves and understand one another. This is beauty. This is the triumph of human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment